Is Modern Dancing Acceptable for the Christian? pt. 2
Arguments for dancing examined.
- Exodus 15:20, 21
- Judges 21:19-21
- 1 Samuel 18:6, 7
- 1 Chron. 15:25-29
Bible passages and examples where warnings are found:
- Exod. 32:19
- Mark 6:21-23
- Galatians 5:19
- Eph. 4:17-20
- Rom. 13:11-14 -- The emphasis is to “put on” and “make no.”
- Who is likely more pleased with modern dance? Jesus or the god of this age?
- Is modern dance a good way to possess your body in sanctification and honor (1 Thess. 4:3-5)?
- Is modern dance something God calls us to do (1 Thess. 4:7)?
- Can I dance and refrain from every form of evil (1 Thess. 5:22)?
- How does promoting dancing to our sons and daughters help them to "flee youthful lusts" (2 Tim. 2:22)?
- If modern dance is pure, will you allow your spouse to engage in it with another person?
- Does modern dance help you win others to Christ?
- Would you be happy that you were dancing if Jesus came that very hour?