Authority: The Relationship Between Specific Instruction and Generic AuthoritySeries: Authority
The Relationship Between Specific and Generic Authority
- The specific instruction and generic options for Noah in building the ark (Gen. 6:14).
- Reference to Nadab and Abihu (Lev.10)
- The specific instruction and generic options for the man in Luke 9:60.
- Specific instruction must exist for generic options to exist.
- As specific instruction rises, generic choices diminish.
- Less specific instruction results in more generic choices to be made.
- Only specific instruction can modify specific instruction. Example made in "keep the law" (Deut. 28:58, 59; 30:9, 10; Mal. 4:4) with the modifying instruction of Jeremiah 31:31-34 (cf. Heb. 8:7-13; 10:5-10).