James 1:25: "But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does."
In one verse, we have a prescription for what makes a man a blessed and fortunate individual.
1. There is a perfect law that liberates—the perfect law of liberty.
2. The perfect law of liberty is something to be looked into—he who looks into
3. It is something to continue in—and continues in it.
4. It is something to hear and remember—and is not a forgetful hearer.
5. It is a work—but a doer of the work.
6. It speaks of a blessed man— this one will be blessed in what he does. The one who hears, looks into, and continues in this work will be blessed in what he does.
7. It speaks to the individual—He.
8. It speaks of the contrast of two persons-—But he. There is a "he" who hears and does nothing. There is a "he" who hears and does the work.